The festival was designed by renowned light artist Tres Fromme and features over one million twinkling lights. Guests explore winding paths leading through ten acres of artfully illuminated and immersive displays, like Candy Cane Lane, Polar Palace, light tunnels and more. Attendees can enjoy holiday-themed gifts, drinks and food and can warm-up by the fire with s'mores and holiday songs. Moses The Reindeer will also be on hand throughout the festival to interact with and delight guests. For the romantically inclined, there is a Proposal Pavilion.
In case you're working on anything relevant and/or would like to visit firsthand and stay at the hotel, here are some more details:
Also new to this year's festival is the New Year's Eve at the Garden of Lights. On Saturday, December 31st from 8:00pm – 12:00am, attendees can ring in 2023 amongst the magical Redding Garden of Lights, where they will enjoy two different live music acts at each end of the gardens and multiple bars and food stations throughout the party.
Some highlights of this multi-sensory experience include:
The new Magical Mosaic, designed for children, complete with radiant meteor lights.
- Candy Cane Lane features a 40' diameter ring of monumental cylindrical columns wrapped densely in red, green and white lights, while machines perfume the air with the scent of peppermint.
- Whimsical larger than life lizards, tortoises and butterflies make their homes amongst the trees of the Australian Garden, while sounds of children's holiday songs echo throughout the display.
- Nearly 200 feet of Light Tunnels completely immerse people as they traverse in the southern Mediterranean Garden.
- Polar Palace, featuring a 30-foot igloo with snow zone.
- Reindeer encounters will take place throughout the festival
The Sheraton Redding at Sundial Bridge will also be offering a special overnight package surrounding this immersive holiday experience. For more information visit https://www.reddinggardenoflights.org