In partnership with The Julia Child Foundation for Gastronomy and the Culinary Arts, participating restaurants, bars and hotels across the city and waterfront will offer their inspired spin on classic Julia Child dishes, signature Julia and Paul Child cocktails, educational programming, memorable stays, tours, talks and other creative programming, all to benefit The Julia Child Foundation. The net proceeds of the Santa Barbara Culinary Experience will flow to The Julia Child Foundation for Gastronomy and the Culinary Arts. The majority of those funds will be used to support a range of nonprofits in Santa Barbara County.
The SBCE will be an epicurean celebration of both Julia Child and Santa Barbara's culinary scene involving chefs, mixologists, restaurateurs and the local community, with guest appearances from nationally renowned food and beverage talents. The late cookbook author, chef and TV personality Julia Child was passionate about teaching others about the culinary arts—and was an aficionado of Santa Barbara, as a longtime resident herself. The Santa Barbara Culinary Experience aims to gather the community and visitors to celebrate the bounty of Santa Barbara's abundant resources found in its local farms, ranches, vineyards and ocean, inspired by the spirit of Julia and her legacy of culinary education.
Some Highlights Will Include:
- A new, complimentary downloadable Julia Child Map of the beloved chef's favorite haunts in the Santa Barbara area for self-guided tours, specially created for the launch of the Santa Barbara Culinary Experience
- A Celebration of Santa Barbara Wine: SBCE Welcome Reception
- Border Grill on the Beach: SBCE Signature Luncheon featuring Julia Child Award Recipients Chefs Mary Sue Milliken and Susan Feniger
- Tour of wine cellar and Julia Child-inspired dinner at San Ysidro Ranch
- Documentary screening of Nothing Fancy and dinner from Chef Claudette Zepeda (El Jardín) at Belmond El Encanto
- Five-course dinner at Bettina with special guest Chef Chris Bianco of Pizzeria Bianco
- An evening with Raj Parr and Chef Kiran Bheemarao at Bibi Ji
- Sunday Brunch at Miramar Rosewood Beach Resort with James Beard Foundation Award-Winning Pastry Chef Sherry Yard
- Alisal Guest Ranch exclusive after-party featuring Chef Ludo Lefebvre
- Savor Santa Barbara: SBCE Neighborhood Tasting, showcasing Santa Barbara's unique culinary districts at the Santa Barbara Historical Museum
- Paella Class and DIY Gin and Tonic Bar at Loquita
- Jonata Winemaker Dinner at The Lark with Chef Jason Paluska
- 40+ additional unique educational and experiential sessions, including:
o Santa Barbara's History Through Food (with acorn pasta demo) at Barbareño
o Farmers' Market Tour & Gourmet Dinner with Executive Chef Greg Murphy at bouchon
o SBCE Wine Academy seminars, including “Santa Barbara Wine 101,” “GSM Wine Blending,” “Pinot Noir Through the Ages,” “California Charcuterie and Cool-Climate Syrah” and more
o Olive Oil Master Class with Theo Stephan from Global Gardens
o Ganna Walska Lotusland Tour and Garden Cocktail Making Class
o Share your own “Julia Moment” at a live taping of the Heritage Radio Network podcast, INSIDE JULIA'S KITCHEN, featuring some of Julia Child's closest friends, colleagues and family members' best Julia
For more information, visit www.sbce.events.